The PASOs Program in Beaufort and Jasper Counties began in 2009 through a collaboration with the Together for Beaufort-Adequacy of Prenatal Care Coalition and the March of Dimes. The program is located at and supported by the Beaufort Jasper Hampton Comprehensive Health Services.
PASOs in Beaufort and Jasper
I want to volunteer with the PASOs Program
To find out how to volunteer with the PASOs program, read the PASOs Volunteer Orientation Guide.
The PASOs Family and Community Health Programs offer the following services:
- Education for individuals and families on family health and prevention Click here for information on PASOs educational topics.
- Prenatal education for expectant women and their support persons on how to have healthy pregnancies and babies. Click here for more information.
- Community health outreach on women’s and family health topics
- Connection to needed resources including The Benefit Bank.
- Support and solution-finding for individuals and families
- Partnerships with organizations to increase access to health care and other resources
- Cultural competency consulting and training
- Training of teams of community health educators, or promotores, in each PASOs site. These leaders work within their communities to connect others to health and education services.
PASOs educational workshops are held in the following locations:
Bluffton House Apartments
20 Simmonsville Road, Apt. 203
Bluffton, SC 29910
(in collaboration with Neighborhood Outreach Connect-NOC)
Beaufort County DHEC
601 Wilmington Street
The Oaks Apartments
400 William Hilton Parkway
The Oaks Apartments, Apartment #29
Hilton Head Island
(in collaboration with Neighborhood Outreach Connect-NOC
For questions or to register, call Yajaira at 843-476-6189 or email Yajaira at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Together for Beaufort
- Beaufort County Alliance for Human Services
- Beaufort Jasper Hampton Comprehensive Health Services, Inc.
- Beaufort Memorial Hospital
- Hilton Head Hospital
- MUSC Division of Perinatal Systems
- Neighborhood Outreach Connection
- The Pregnancy Center and Clinic of the Low Country
- SC DHEC Region 8
- The Benefit Bank of SC
- University of SC-Beaufort
- Zeta Phi Beta Storks Nest Program
- Check out PASOs-Beaufort’s Blog!