I want to volunteer with the PASOs Program
To find out how to volunteer with the PASOs program, read the PASOs Volunteer Orientation Guide.
PASOs in Charleston, Dorchester and Berkeley Counties began in 2010 through a partnership with the College of Nursing of the Medical University of South Carolina. The program is part of the Hispanic Health Initiative.
The PASOs Family and Community Health Programs offer the following services:
- Education for individuals and families on family health and prevention Click here for information on PASOs educational topics.
- Prenatal education for expectant women and their support persons on how to have healthy pregnancies and babies. Click here for more information.
- Community health outreach on women’s and family health topics
- Connection to needed resources including The Benefit Bank.
- Support and solution-finding for individuals and families
- Partnerships with organization to increase access to health care and other resources
- Cultural competency consulting and training
- Training of teams of community health educators, or promotores, in each PASOs site. These leaders work within their communities to connect others to health and education services.
PASOs educational workshops are held in the following locations:
Midland Park Primary School
2415 Midland Park Rd. North Charleston, SC 29406.
Our Lady of Mercy Wellness House
1684 Brownswood Rd. Johns Island, SC 29455
Classes may be offered at the following location depending on demand:
MUSC Women’s Health – Northwoods
2070 Northbrook Blvd., Suite B9, North Charleston, SC 29406
Call Romina at 843-323-8160 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to register or volunteer!
- Access Health Tricounty Network
- The Benefit Bank of South Carolina
- Charleston County School District
- Charleston County Coordinated Community Response to Domestic Violence
- East Coast Migrant Head Start
- Franklin C. Fetter Community Health Clinic
- Lowcountry AIDS Services
- Lowcountry Crisis Pregnancy Center
- MUSC Alliance for Hispanic Health
- MUSC College of Nursing
- MUSC Women’s Health – Northwoods
- New Covenant Church of God
- Nuevos Caminos
- Our Lady of Mercy Wellness House
- Salvation Army
- Trident Area Safe Kids
Community Activities Calendar