I want to volunteer with the PASOs Program
To find out how to volunteer with the PASOs program, read the PASOs Volunteer Orientation Guide.
The PASOs Program in Greenville began in 2009 through a partnership between the University of South Carolina and the Greenville Hospital System. The program is housed at the GHS Obstetrical Center and works together with the Hispanic Folic Acid Project.
The PASOs Family and Community Health Programs offer the following services:
- Education for individuals and families on family health and prevention Click here for information on PASOs educational topics.
- Prenatal education for expectant women and their support persons on how to have healthy pregnancies and babies. Click here for more information.
- Community health outreach on women’s and family health topics
- Connection to needed resources including The Benefit Bank.
- Support and solution-finding for individuals and families
- Partnerships with organization to increase access to health care and other resources
- Cultural competency consulting and training
- Training of teams of community health educators, or promotores, in each PASOs site. These leaders work within their communities to connect others to health and education services.
PASOs educational workshops are held in the following locations:
Greenville Memorial Hospital OB/GYN Center
1120 Grove Rd., Greenville
Every Friday, 9:00am-12:30pm
Russell Memorial Presbyterian Church
31 Calhoun Ave., Greenville
Every Saturday, 9:00am-12:30pm
Call 864-455-8876 or 864-395-9443, or email Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org to register or volunteer!
- Greenville Hospital System (see information about PASOs on the GHS webpage!)
- New Horizons Family Health Services
- DHEC Region 2
- Greenville Forward
- ACCH (Alliance for Collaboration with the Hispanic Community)